In 2000 the board of Stichting Kapatiran departed from its main objectives of:
1. providing basic information and research on issues affecting the Filipino migrant population;
2. initiating social activities for newly arrived Filipinos in view of facilitating the understand of Dutch society and culture;
3. extending advice and support when sought out by Filipinos in need;
4. organizing information and education campaigns among the Dutch public in order to generate awareness and concern on issues regarding the Filipino migrants and the Philippine situation as well; and
5. coordinating and solidarizing with other migrant groups, institutions and networks having similar objectives as Kapatiran.
The organization concentrated more on the educational objective and started its Basic Literacy 2000 Project, now called the Basic Literacy Programme